Duluth School District East High School Addition and Renovation
The East High School project involved the complete renovation of and an addition to the existing Ordean Middle School. The project was implemented in five phases over a three year period with school occupancy in the fall of 2011.
The 310,000 square foot facility designed for 1,650 students in grades 9-12 included extensive energy-saving features designed to LEED Silver Design Standards.
- Security entry and monitoring systems located adjacent to the Administration Offices to enhance student, staff and community patron safety.
- A three story atrium which houses the Cafeteria and Student/Community Commons and provides daylighting throughout the school’s core areas.
- Library/Media Center located at the hub of the academic core overlooking the Atrium with convenient student and community access.
- Three Station Gymnasium with seating for 2,000 and adjacent locker rooms, weights, fitness and multi –purpose rooms.
- Modern General Purpose and Specialty Classrooms with state-of-the-art technology systems.
- New Science Classrooms & Laboratories contained within a suite including a Greenhouse with potential adjacent Green Roof System.
- New Auditorium with adjacent Music Department Suite.
- New Multi-Purpose Synthetic Turf Athletic Field and Track to meet the needs of soccer, football, lacrosse, track and field events and physical education activities complete with bleacher seating for 2,000, press box, concessions, tickets and storage facilities.