Moose Lake Community School
Moose Lake Community Schools and ARI began working together in the spring of 2014 on a planning and design process for a new PK-12 school referendum campaign. After multiple efforts the District had made in the past, ARI worked with the school and community to clearly communicate the needs for a new 21st Century Educational Facility.
ARI helped to identify the District’s goals and vision for a new facility by meeting with staff and key community members. Upon completion of the visioning process, ARI identified the needs, space requirements, and budget for the Moose Lake Community School.
Artistic renderings and visual images of the proposed Moose Lake school were developed and prepared by ARI as a tool to educate the community, school staff, students and school board. ARI attended multiple community meetings to receive input on the proposed plans and to confirm that all the needs of the end users were met.
ARI successfully worked with the District to create a plan that gained the community’s support to secure the funding through a successful referendum campaign to design a new 137,000 square foot educational facility.
After the successful campaign, ARI was contracted to complete the Construction Documents for the new school facility. Construction is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2015 with completion planned for fall of 2017.
- Completely new facility to replace aging, flood damaged building on limited site.
- Provides for Head Start through high school grade levels.
- Includes 450 seat SOTA auditorium complex that includes green scene lab.
- Day lit commons and gyms for health and energy efficiency.
- Two gyms – competition gym to seat up to 800 or allow for two basketball games to be played simultaneously.
- New, larger site with easy access, good visibility and room for growth.
- Secure, efficient main entrance with good visual supervision of interior and exterior of building.
- Separate bus and auto lanes for best site safety and ample, convenient parking for all events, staff and students.
- Both elementary and high school feature academic commons areas with library services.
- Fitness center with public availability.
- Nature teaching areas adjacent to campus – forested, grasslands and wetlands.