Range Recreational Civic Center
Curling Night in America returns to air January and February 2016.
This year’s competition, which was filmed in December 2015 in Eveleth, Minnesota at the Range Recreation Civic Center, features both team and mixed doubles action. Competing this year are teams from USA, Japan, China, and Scotland.
ARI worked with the stakeholders of the Range Recreation Civic Center on this 38,000 square foot, two story, accessible facility. One of the unique features of the ice rinks is that there are two sections of four sheets each. The two sections do not have ice partitions between rinks. This allows for easier and more accurate maintenance of the sheets giving curlers the best possible rinks for curling.
The 30,000 sq. ft. main level is equipped with an elevator for access to upper-level observation area with seating for over 300 people. This all-purpose building is sure to create an atmosphere to enjoy the fellowship of many events.
Design Highlights Summary:
- Olympic Training Facility
- Eight sheets of ice for curling
- Television System/Full Public Address System
- Public Viewing Areas including upper-level observation area with seating for over 300 people.
- “Dry Floor Activities” Volleyball, Tennis, Expositions, Concerts
- Insulated tip-up precast panels utilized for economy, thermal efficiency and low maintenance.
- Lobby Area
- Complete Kitchen and Concession Area
- Office and Storage Areas
- Men’s & Women’s Locker Rooms including Shower Facilities.