Warroad Early Childhood & High School Renovation
As a facility originally built to house both middle-school students and high school students, Warroad’s existing High School had begun housing elementary students upon the closure of the District’s elementary school. The building lacked size-compliant finishes and casework consistent with the younger demographic, thus driving the District’s need to explore the options in correcting these issues.
Architectural Resources, Inc. (ARI) and Warroad teamed up to successfully pass a $16 million-dollar bond referendum in May of 2016, immediately beginning construction on the elementary renovation. ARI worked closely with the District and Facility Task Force to develop a plan that provided 8 additional classrooms for the early learners, improvements to Indoor Air Quality, technology, building envelope and student learning spaces of the Warroad District. The elementary renovation will be complete in September of 2017 and the project will continue through two more phases, respectively: The Early Learner’s Addition and High School Renovation, with completion of all phases in September of 2018.
- Met with High School and Elementary User Groups
- Conducted and existing facility and educational assessment
- Identified priorities of each group, District and Community members
- Developed concept schemes and associated estimated costs of construction
- Worked with District and Financial Advisors to identify a maximum project cost
- Reviewed costs and schematic concepts with Facility Task Force and school district
- Received approval to move forward with bond referendum
- ARI assisted in referendum process and engaging community support by identifying and educating key community stake holders, facilitating community information sessions, developing images of proposed project and being available for questions and information as needed.